RORY MILLER – FACING VIOLENCE available at Whatstudy
Includes: 1 DVDS
Dimensions 20 × 15 × 0.3 cm | Weight 0.150g
Delivery: Digital Download
Is your self-defense training based in reality?
Rory Miller explains seven elements that must be addressed to adapt your self-defense training to the most common types of street violence. Any training that overlooks any of these areas leaves you vulnerable to potentially violent aggression and you could be training to go to jail.
1. Legal and ethical implications. Every martial artist must learn the law of strength and explore his own ethical limitations. Mr. Miller explores this question so that you can determine where this oft-overlooked ethical thread lies within you.
2. Dynamics of Violence. Unfortunately, many martial arts and self-defense classes don’t train for reality-based violence, focusing on how attacks most often happen. Mr. Miller teaches you to recognize an attack before it happens and know what type of attack you are facing.
3. Avoid. You will learn and practice escape and evasion, verbal inattention and avoidance of dangerous situations.
4. Counter-ambush. In the unfortunate event that you are unexpectedly attacked, you will need a handful of actions trained to a reflex level for a sudden and violent attack.
5. Breaking the Freeze. Freezing is nearly universal in a sudden attack, even for law-savvy people and seasoned martial artists. Students must learn to recognize a freeze and break out of one in order to quickly react to an attack.
6. The fight itself. Mr. Miller explains that his training needs to align with how violence actually happens in the world.
7. The aftermath. There are potential legal, psychological and medical effects of engaging in violence, no matter how justified.
Any teacher or student of self-defense, and anyone wanting a deeper understanding of violence needs to understand the concepts taught in this program.
Take RORY MILLER – FACING VIOLENCE at Whatstudy.com
Contact us at: [email protected]
More Info: Click to preview
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Self